Each year the yachts get larger and longer as yacht companies push the limits and explore the depths of technology. Their results are often outstanding as they vie for the title of the largest yacht. In this article, we’ll be looking at the eight largest yachts ever built.
- ‘Prince Abdulaziz’ by Helsingør Værft – Prince Abdulaziz was built by Denmark company, Helsingør Værft in 1984. It is one of the Saudi Royal yachts. It held the title of largest yacht for 22 years until the ‘Dubai’ launched in 2006. Prince Abdulaziz is 482.3 feet long.
- ‘A+’ by Lürssen – Lürssen is arguably the most renowned yacht builder. Lürssen currently has the most number of yachts in this list. A+ was launched in 2012 and is currently the fourth largest yacht built by the German shipyard, Lürssen. A+ is said to be owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al Nahyan who is one of the owners of the football club, Manchester City. A+ is 483.1 feet long.
- ‘Al Saïd’ by Lürssen – At 508.1 foot long, Al Saïd takes sixth place. This yacht was also built by Lürssen and launched in 2016. It belongs to the Sultan of Oman.
- ‘Dilbar’ by Lürssen – Dilbar was launched in 2016 and is 511.8 feet long. Dilbar is said to be the product of one of the best yacht designs so far considering how large it is.
- ‘Dubai’ by Platinum Yachts – Dubai launched in 2006 after 12 years of production. It was originally worked on by Lürssen and Blohm + Voss before being sold to Dubai’s government. This 531.5-foot yacht is the Sheikh’s royal yacht.
- ‘Eclipse’ by Blohm+Voss – Launched in 2010, this 533.1-foot yacht took five years for its design and production. It belongs to billionaire, Roman Abramovich.
- ‘Fulk Al Salamah’ by Mariotti Yachts – This yacht was launched in 2016 and is said to belong to the Omani Royal family. There is little to no detail about this yacht but we know it is 538.1 foot making it the second-largest yacht.
- ‘Azzam’ by Lürssen – Lürssen’s work on mega yachts is currently unmatched. Azzam is 592.6 foot making the world’s largest yacht. Azzam belongs to Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
If you’re a fan of boats and yachts then you’ll certainly love Our New Boats which is a site for boat and yacht lovers. It discusses boats, yachts, and how to meet yacht brokers. If you’re searching for boats for sale in Kent, check out NYB Kent for a plethora of boats in all shapes and sizes.